If you’re a small business, you are no doubt suffering from a lack of motivation. But we all know the show must go on. After all, when we’re feeling sloth-like, we find it hard to keep our nose to the ground and keep pushing through.
Here are some tips to keep the ball rolling:
Cure for the Mid-Week Slump
- Go out for that Jamba Juice! Even if frozen fruity cups of heaven aren’t your thing, you have to remember to take breaks throughout the day. Even just 5-10 minutes of sunshine or a quick call to the near-by smoothie shop can invigorate your mental health, and help you to make it to 5PM.
- Change your outlook on the day. It takes 5-10 seconds to put you in a better, or worse, mood. Go somewhere in the office that will allow for some privacy and take a deep breath. Think positive thoughts and reinforce them by saying them out loud.
- Think about the week ahead. Identify the things about the rest of the week that might be causing you to feel down or anxious:
- Upcoming tests, exams, meetings, presentations, etc. that still require preparation or are simply worrying you
- Routine - you feel that your week has become humdrum and that there is little to relieve the monotony of what you're doing
- You are being intimidated, bullied, mistreated, etc., by someone at work, school, college, etc. and you're afraid of spending time near them
- You know that you're studying the wrong course, working in the wrong job, etc., but you keep it up anyway
A lot of us were given hand-me-down beds or have a mattress of poor quality that promotes back pain and sleep disorders. When shopping for a mattress, it is important to find the perfect one that addresses your concerns. Back sleeper vs. side sleeper, memory foam vs. wrapped coil, the list goes on!
In conclusion: know that getting the right amount of sleep is important to counteract the blues we get at work. Visit one of our nearest locations to have a trained associate take you on a Rest Test to find your perfect fit mattress!