Did you know that a throughout Spring cleaning may actually improve the quality of your sleep? (I don’t mean by throughoutly wearing you out, either).
With Spring around the corner, it’s a great idea to start taking some steps to rid your house of all of the dust and allergens that have likely accumulated over the winter months. Doing so should help to reduce congestion and help you sleep through the night more soundly. Also, bedding and other bedr0om textiles are especially guilty culprits of harboring dust and allergens.
A few tips:
- Wash your comforter or duvet. Dry clean if neccessary
- Wash or dry clean your curtains
- Have your carpets cleaned
- Switch to lighter sheets and bedding to prevent overheating as warmer weather returns
- Wash or remove dust ruffle
- Wipe down lamp shades
- Wipe down fan blades and reverse their cycle
- Thoroughly wipe baseboards
- Change all air filters
- Replace old pillows as they harbor dust bites
- Vacuum your mattress and apply a mattress protector if you don’t use one already
Follow these tips and you should be sleeping better before the first day of Spring!